Monday, April 29, 2013

The Final Day

With the district conference over we had one free day before heading home. Panama City Metro Club was nice enough to take us to the beach. We will say that we felt so bad for the club. They tried to take us out on Friday and then again today and both days we were just exhausted. However, it was so nice to have a chill day in such a relaxed setting.

Just around this corner is the most beautiful, secluded beach you can imagine. Jimmy, Christi and I went to it early in the day, but forgot sunblock and our cameras, so we headed back to the house. A couple of hours later we went back to show Paul and take pictures... and the tide had completely blocked our path. Super sad face. I think it is the most perfect metaphor for our final day, enjoy every moment, you might not see it again. 
Beautiful black sand

Christi and I ended our final night at of all places TGI Friday's.

My feelings are pretty conflicted on heading home. On one hand I'm excited to rest, to not have to be somewhere at a certain time, and to not live out of a suitcase. On the other, I have no idea how it will be when no one wants to take my picture, no one picks me up in the morning, no one gives me a schedule of my days. I'm going to have to decide on my own what I want to eat and when I eat. So bizarre :) All joking aside, we have been taken care of so well this past month and another huge thanks to everyone. I think it will take a bit of time to process everything and really comprehend what we experienced this past month.

And now, a look back at some of our finest moments:

Lost items by the numbers:

  • 8 pairs of sunglasses (including broken ones). Paul is the only one left with his original shades.
  • One debit card and one credit card. Lost twice. Found once.
  • One camera (recovered)
  • One pair of shoes
  • Two blue blazers (recovered)
  • One pair of shorts
  • One shirt
  • One water bottle
  • Two bottles of shampoo
  • And a toucan in a fig tree

Not bad for five people gone for a month. I've lost more in my house in that amount of time.

It was an amazing journey. Six flights, two tica busses, two boats, numerous rides in backs of trucks, one rick shaw, and countless car rides, next stop: home.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful travelogue, Greene. I feel like I was there with you all. Buen viaje!

    ReplyDelete